Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Celebrating Valentine’s Day with no Valentine

February is the month of love as we all know. All the restaurants, stores and shop, wherever you go, you will feel that the love is in the air because every place was filled with red heart shapes, cupids, and couple figures. You will also observe the increasing demand for flowers and chocolates for this season as the prices were high.


A Heart's Day Present

For those who are in a relationship, it’s their month. What’s the typical couple should do for this season? I don’t need to mention them all here. Hehe


For those who are single, some find themselves “not in” for this season. They are what we call “loners”. They find fear and felt a little bit of sadness because they have no partner. And somehow this month makes them feel jealous for those who are in a relationship.

But, there’s one thing I realized, not every couple is happy during Valentine’s day. Why? Because I have my personal experience. Haha

I never have a date in February 14, though for the past 6 years I have a boyfriend. The reason? First, he never asked me. Second, I choose to celebrate this day at home with my family, celebrating my Mother’s birthday every year. Do you think my boyfriend is bad? No, I’m just a fool brat because I make presumptions.

But who says love month is just for couple? I remember last year that there is someone who picked me out of my depression for this month. He was really my knight in shining armor, my crying shoulder, my savior; he is no other than our God. Yes, he helped me overcome my sadness. How did he rescued me? Simple, I absorbed last year’s preaching about love. That if we expect from a person we will surely get disappointed, hurt and depressed. But if we will expect from God, he will never disappoint and hurt us. Simply because His love is unconditional for me, and for you!

Since then I made up my mind that I should not expect from people nor demand, because I will just got hurt.

And this year, the thing that God keeps on putting in my mind and wants me to learn is that, TRUE LOVE WAITS. There is a perfect time for love. And that will be given to us once God knows that we are prepared. I am now sticking to the real definition of love, and here it goes:

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in the evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” – 1Corinthians 13:4-7

These character traits are now my standards on looking for my true love. They are now on my checklist. Because I believe there is someone out there that can complete this checklist. The man of my dreams, the man I prayed for, the only man that God gave me, my SOULMATE.

And for the mean time, I will just enjoy being SINGLE but not available. Why? Honestly, emotionally I am not ready for now. There is still part of my heart that needs to mend. And I am still in search of my soul. I am now taking time to realize, because I promise myself that once I get into a new relationship again, I have to be sure HE’S THE ONE.

P.S. This year I received chocolates and letters from my boyfriend. He did not give this personally, a friend just drop by in our house late at night. Anyways, I thank him for this. (it's the image above.)



Happy being Single,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments.
I would loved to read your thoughts... :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...