Sunday, December 11, 2011

Bigger, Better and Brighter Christmas Tree


Christmas season would be incomplete without decors and bright lights. Filipinos tend to start decorating their houses as early as September comes. 

Since I was a child I love to see big Christmas trees, with different sizes and colors, with flowers, bells and balls hanging in there, and of course, the gifts below it. And sometimes when I drop by in some houses, I asked myself, “Do I have my name written on it?”. It’s so exciting and overwhelming whenever I receive wrap gifts. But more that that, I enjoy wrapping gifts my self rather than receiving and like the saying goes, “it is better to give than to receive”. It values more than money putted in envelop, because the effort of thinking what the best gift for you is there.


This baby Shasta tree was with us every Christmas celebration. When we realized it’s small and wrap presents are bigger than it, we place it atop of our divider which makes it positioned better.



Our two feet Christmas tree has now grown up to seven feet after a decade and 7 years. Yes, that’s how long we preserved it before we replace our baby Shasta artificial tree.

 
 
Actually, we don’t replace it. It’s still there and will be there for the next years to come, but what I what this year is to put an attraction in our house. And my desire has come into reality; we place it in front of our store’s door which makes it visible to those who buy in our store and hang in our terrace.
See the difference? :D

I am so happy how they react once they see it. They find it beautiful, huge and wonderful.  It makes them smile, which makes me says with humility, “thanks”. Followed by their lines, “Wow, there are gifts below; I wish I have one there”.

 
This is a dream come true for me. I am really happy and delighted the moment I put it up together with my sister and mother.

Putting up a Christmas tree is a part of the season’s spirit. For me, it reflects how blessed and fruitful you are for the whole year. And somehow you want to show the world how merry and prosperous it is that the Lord has abundantly spread to you.

P.S. I bought this 7-feet Christmas tree in package, including red balls, flowers, Christmas lights and the angel atop. This was sold to me at a cheaper price, exactly 50% with lots of freebies because the vendor said I was too late to buy a tree and they just want to disposed their left trees and decors. Whoa! I never thought I will have this for that amount. I learned that in Christmas shopping, it is really ideal to buy when the season comes to end, it’s better to be late than never.

 
 

Seasons Greetings,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments.
I would loved to read your thoughts... :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...