Sunday, July 31, 2011

100 Days to Heaven: A Wake up Call


For most people, it’s the end of their long day but for me it’s just the beginning. You can call me a vampire because I used to be awake during night. My work starts at 11:00 pm (8:00 LA time) and so I alarm my phone at 7:30 pm. I always hear my alarm but my bed always pulls me to continue sleeping. I used to turn off it off, and get back to sleep again. 

What really makes me stand and go out of bed? It’s when I hear its soundtrack, the voices of the characters, and most especially, the one who takes the lead role, the young Ana Manalastas (Xyriel Anne Manabat) in 100 Days to Heaven.



She’s indeed the star of the show. I’m a fan of Filipino television, and I’ve seen lots of child stars, some continue to shine, and some lost their fame as their appeal and cuteness gone away.  But with Xyriel, no one is greater than here, and I believe no body can object me saying that, right?

I first watched Xyriel at Star Circle Quest (SQC) Kiddie Quest Season 3 Grand Finals. When she showed her acting talent, she really captivated me. Unfortunately, she didn’t win the first place. I believe she’s 4-year old that time, but I know ABS-CBN discovered she have the potential.

They gave her first break when she portrayed the young Agua and Bendita, and that time I didn’t know she’s the one I watched in SQC. The part that strikes me in her role is when Bendita colored her skin blue, with teary eyes, talking to her mother, saying these words, “Sana ako nalang ang nawala at hindi si Agua  para hindi kayo nagkakaganyan! (I wished I’m the one who gone and not Bendita so you wont be that way!)



Following this teleserye, she was blessed to have her first major role, “Momay”, a young ghost. Unfortunately, I was unable to watch her due to my tight class schedule (I’m graduating that time). And then as she continues to bloom, she then joined in Noah with Zaijan (known as Santino). Finally, she now grab a place where home of Kings and Queens of drama only takes place, in the Primetime Bida, and strike to be the lead role in 100 Days to Heaven with Coney Sison (old Ana Manalastas).



I really don’t wanna miss every line and every moment she had in her primetime show. She’s really “bibbo”. Her eyes really speak and her dialogues look like she means what she says, she drives me, oh! Her role as Ana is getting back to life to make good deeds within 100 days to the people she hurt when she was alive. The challenge here is Ana Manalastas get back to life with the mind of a 45-year old woman and with the body of a 7-year old child.

I can never think of anybody that could portray this role the way Xyriel does. She deserves awards and be recognize not only in the Philippines but around the world. Her “pagtataray” with eyes opening wide and lips controlling here thoughts makes her really cute and adorable, jiving with her deliverance of lines, it is so amazing how she memorize those lines, acting like she’s really a professional. Her famous line: “Kuha mo?! (get it?!)” is really like an LSS to me.
 


I also recognize the cast of it most especially with the “nakakilig moments” of Sophia (Jodi Sta.Maria) and Bart (Rafael Rossel). They are really great with their role together and with the other casts and guests which made the teleserye a big success.

The overall creation of 100 days to Heaven was really good. They don’t just make teleserye for nothing, they made something that makes sense and I commend the staff and the production for that. I’m looking forward that the Filipino television will be turned up side down with this type of show that is far from violence and lust. General patronage should be widely spread here in our country.

I love watching it, though there are times I rushed of time because I can’t take a bath while the show is ongoing, of course I don’t want to miss every part of it and fortunately, I still arrive in the office on or before time:D.



I recommend this teleserye for the whole family to watch, it is a great bonding for everyone. See how Ana Manalastas captivates your heart and turn your bad day into good – that’s the magic of her presence. Xyriel is indeed bibbo, charming, intelligent and adorable. KUHA MO?!




Love and Kisses,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave your comments.
I would loved to read your thoughts... :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...